SDC International Design Competition 2019 – Scotland Region Heat
Date: March 21, 2019 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: The Fire Station, Edinburgh College of Art, 76-78 Lauriston Place, EH3 9DE
The Scotland regional heat of our annual flagship competition will be held on Thursday 21st March at Edinburgh College of Art, from 12.30 pm to 5.00 pm.
Fashion / textile design undergraduates from across Scotland are invited to bring their design boards to present to the judging panel of top industry professionals, including:
- Hamish Carruthers MBE: leading textile design consultant, Partner at Carruthers Associates & founder of scotcloth.com
- Fiona Macintosh: Designer/Maker at Tessuti Scotland and co-owner of Concrete Wardrobe
- Natasha Marshall, Director, Natasha Marshall Interiors
- Adam Robertson , Managing Director, Kalopsia Collective
- Nina Falk, Creative Director, Kalopsia Collective
The event will incorporate a student workshop ‘Naturally Curated Colour’ delivered by Emily Mae Martin; participants will explore and assemble intriguing colour palettes, working with a range of materials and objects that are naturally dyed or used inherently as part of the natural dyeing process.
The winner will be announced at the end of the afternoon and will represent Scotland at the UK final of the competition to be held in May.
For more information please contact Angela Ackroyd firstname.lastname@example.org
Emily Mae Martin
A recent MFA Textiles Graduate of Edinburgh College of Art, Emily works to develop and create sustainable, slow textiles and fashion. Emily’s materials are naturally dyed, thoughtfully made and are rooted in an extensive vocabulary and knowledge of working with natural dyes.